The difficulty I have had is helping them understand just why they should use Google Apps. The biggest and best answer I can give is that Google allows the following:
- Free Cloud Storage - 15GB for a Free user, 30GB for a GAFE Teacher
- Access to Google Drive
- Real Time collaboration - share docs and collaborate from anywhere at anytime with an Internet Connection
- Google Docs - word processing in the cloud
- Google Forms - for quizzes and tests
- Google Sheets - for collecting and sharing data
- Google Slides - convert your PowerPoints into slides and access them from anywhere.
- ...and the biggest...NO NEED TO CARRY AROUND FLASH DRIVES ANYMORE!
To help our teachers learn how to use these apps, I have created a few tutorial videos that I wanted to share with everyone.
Google: An Introduction
Beyond these videos, there are several links that will help new users keep up with Google News:
Google Gooru - http://www.googlegooru.com/
Google Educators - Sand Springs - https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoogleSSPS/
The Official Google Blog - http://googleblog.blogspot.com/
Hopefully the videos and the links will help you as you Go Google!